This is a Team Support vacancy who are operating as an employment agency.
My client is a well established and successful Security Printing Company and is currently recruiting for a Junior Programmer to join their team.
The successful applicant will be an integral member of the IT team and will ensure the company is supplied with the necessary programs and data files to support the manufacturing division on Digital Print systems and printing machines.
They will also provide General IT hardware and software support to the IT Department.
- Digital print programming in Quadient Inspire (formally GMC) to provide variable data programs to digital print machines; Nipson and Xerox.
- Data handling and manipulation.
- IT Technician responsibilities including patch management, PC installation and maintenance.
- Providing hardware and software support to the business.
- MIS report writing.
- Willingness to learn Digital print programming in Quadient Inspire (formerly GMC).
- Willingness to learn non-visual programming for programming variable data encoding machines.
- Excellent data handing and manipulation skills.
- Comfortable with mathematics (complex numbering schemes)
- Ability t mix both software and hardware roles.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite (primarily Excel).
- Technical awareness of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac network.
- MIS Report writing skills.
- Meticulous and thorough.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Good time-keeping and attendance.
- Own vehicle and driving licence.
Hours of work- 08:30-17:00 Monday- Friday.
Holidays- 26 days plus all statutory Bank Holiday.
Pension- company contributory pension scheme.
Due to the nature of the business, a condition of your employment will be subject to SC security clearance with the home office, 5 years UK residency and hold a valid passport.
To apply, please submit your CV for consideration.