A well established and successful Security Printing company in Birmingham require an IT Technician.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the IT team, and is expected to make a major contribution to the development and success of the business.
The objective of the IT Technician is to provide General IT hardware & software support to the IT Manager. To ensure the Company is supplied with the necessary programs and data files to meet its manufacturing obligations on Digital Print systems
- A minimum of 3 years’ IT experience.
- IT Technician responsibilities including patch management, PC installation & maintenance.
- Technical awareness of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac network environments.
- Providing hardware and software support to the business.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite (primarily Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Ability to mix both software and hardware roles.
- Excellent data handling & manipulation skills.
- Digital print programming in GMC Inspire to provide variable data programs to digital printing machines.
- Familiarity with non-visual programming for programming variable data encoding machines.
- MIS Report writing skills.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Meticulous and thorough.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Good time-keeping and attendance.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week 08:30-17:00 Monday–Friday (1/2 hour lunch).
Due to the secure nature of our business a condition of your employment will be subject to SC security clearance with the Home Office, 5 years UK residency and a valid passport.