Team Support Midlands are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of their client for a Junior or experienced Category Buyer in their Consumer Electronics and Print & Supplies department.
Hours: Mon – Fri 9-5.30pm
Salary: £17000 – 30000k per annum DOE plus bonus
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the buying, developing and ranging of products within ourPrinter & Supplies Category, working towards the achievement of category targets and company objectives. You will be a strong negotiator who loves a deal and thrives in working in an entrepreneurial environment. You will need good commercial acumen and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with an understanding of online channels and market places.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the revenue and margin of the category against monthly targets.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors, terms of sale, price point, and margin.
- Be a product champion identifying new products and trends working across online sales channels, sales teams and our Retail store.
- Contribution to the development and maintenance of pricing strategy & promotional content
- Create and set-up products on the Internal system, taking responsibility for full product merchandising including images/videos, descriptions and specification across the website and marketplaces.
- Working with Internal marketing team to carryout vendor marketing activity as outlined in marketing plans.
- Understand Key Competitors and regularly check pricing across all channels to ensure we are maximising profit across the category.
- Analysing of key reports for the category.
- Raising stock orders with suppliers to ensure we are maintaining suitable levels of stock across product categories.
- Liaise with internal teams around product queries, pricing issues, product returns and delivery of orders. Liaise with suppliers and vendors which relate to products.
- To manage the process for raising income from suppliers, monitoring it vs targets and reconciling it with Finance.
Skills and Experience
Preference will be given to candidates with online product experience and those well-versed in industry trends in Consumer Electronics. We also welcome applicants who are assistant product managers / junior buyers who are looking for the next step in their careers.
- A Self starter who is target driven and thrives in working in a entrepreneurial environment.
- Must have significant experience in a buying role at either Category Buyer level or as a Junior Buyer looking for that next step
- Self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to solve problems at source
- Good range of negotiation skills to help manage strategic partnerships.
- Good time management and the ability to manage multiple tasks along with strong team-working skills and the ability to work in a fast paced online environment.
- A real team player and have an eye for detail
- Understanding of online websites and marketplaces along with basic product management practises.
- High standard of negotiation skills in order to influence suppliers & other parts of the business to deliver positive outcomes within their area
- An understanding of technology would be preferred but not essential if you can demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally via phone and email to navigate external systems and websites.
- You will be highly numerate and possess excellent analytical skills
Please click to apply or call Laura Pritchard on 0121 523 1089