Team Support are currently recruiting for a Workshop Trainee, working for one of our clients.
As Trainee, the suitable candidate is employed to learn and receive training in various aspects of working in an engineering workshop environment in order to become a valued member of the production team.
Working under supervision, gradually building up skill levels and job knowledge. The trainee may previously have some limited experience, but if this does not exist for a particular function, the job holder can expect to receive adequate supervised training in order to carry out the new required task in question, without detriment to personal or others Health & Safety.
Key objectives and Tasks:
- Carry out machines operating functions as tasked by peers under supervision if needed.
- Gradually increase skill and quality levels (Keeping scrap to a minimum)
- Ensure machining task is completed to a satisfactory level for the next operator.
- Assist where requested in root cause analysis and day to day solutions.
- Learn from own mistakes
- Learn to read Engineering, drawings and understand dimensional characteristics, tolerances and metric and imperial units.
- Learn to use hand held measuring inspection tools, taking casts, use of shadowgraph/projector.
- Check, replace, replenish, contact supervision for maintenance.
Education and Qualifications:
- Ideally indentured apprentice trained: NVQ Level 1/2 in a related engineering discipline. Consideration will be given to prospective candidates who have a good all round education and display a willingness and eagerness to learn.
Skills and Attributes:
- Numeracy and alpha literate.
- Must be self motivated.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Good written, verbal communication and listening skills required.
- Good understanding of measurement principles and techniques would be useful.
- Good time keeping essential.
- Previous engineering workshop experience would be useful.
- Other related experience and knowledge will be considering in lieu of above.
Pay rate: £8.50-£9.50phr.
This role is a permanent position and interviews are being held locally, call or send CV now, we have an immediate start available. Max Tel: 0121 523 1089.