This is a Team support vacancy who are operating as an employment agency.
My client has an opening for a Maintenance Fitter to work within a small maintenance team at their Smethwick based manufacturing facility.
The role will involve the maintenance of equipment throughout the manufacturing site with the ability to fault find, diagnose and rectify problems.
The position will also involve preventative maintenance tasks, an involvement in the installation of new and improvement of existing equipment.
Individuals with the following skills and experience would be suited to the role :
- Qualified time served Maintenance fitter.
- Experience of power presses an advantage
- Experience of hydraulics and pneumatics, with the ability to fault find and diagnose problems.
- Strong understanding of safe systems of work and the ability to work safely under own supervision.
- Ability to work as team member.
Current Working hours are 7.30 – 16.00 Monday to Thursday and 7.30 – 15.30 Friday, though the flexibility to work a double shift system (6.00 – 2.00 & 2.00 – 10.00) will be required, to meet the needs of the company (shift allowance applies). Candidates should be prepared to work weekend overtime if required.
The rate of pay for this position is up to £12.75 per hour depending on experience (39 hour working week), subject to a 20% shift allowance where necessary and premium rates for weekend working.
This is a permanent position subject to a successful trial period.
To apply please submit CV or call Jo Crosby on 01215231089 for more information.