This is a Team Support vacancy who are operating as an employment agency.
Due to expansion, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Production Supervisor to join an industry leading manufacturer and distributor of plastic products and packaging.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of up to 20 production operatives. You will ensure the smooth running of the production process and ensure targets and deadlines are achieved. You will also be responsible for training new staff and ensuring company Health and Safety procedures are complied to.
Applicants must be flexible to work a rotating shift pattern- 12 hour shift including nights.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Management of production and quality targets.
- Manage, develop, mentor and motivate team members.
- work closely with other shift supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communication tools.
- Ensure health and safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Encourage a culture in which machines are maintained and cleaned by operators working within a continuous improvement environment.
- Ensure immediate reporting of breakdowns.
- Liaise effectively with maintenance department.
- Be able to make appropriate decisions whilst following the company’s organisational structure.
- Arrange shift cover wherever necessary.
- Wherever necessary be involved in disciplinary process.
The role would be well suited to an individual with excellent plastic extrusion experience looking to make a step-up in their career or an experienced manager or supervisor wishing to gain knowledge and experience in a new industry,
To apply, please submit your CV for consideration or call Liz on 0121 523 1089 for further information.