Team Support Midlands are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of their client based in Burntwood for an experienced QHSE Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Salary: £38 – 45k per annum DOE plus bonus
We pride ourselves on the manufacture of the industry leading equipment, we now have new position for a QHSE Manager to take over our Quality, health & safety departments. This is a great opportunity for a QHSE Manager, who will be primarily responsible for all Quality and health & Safety matters within the business. You will be responsible to lead and take control to ensure the operations across all teams are of the highest standards in the means of quality and safety. The ideal candidate will be ambitious to face challenges, implement processes that enhance the operations of the business and be confident to devise and deliver strategy. You will be joining a forward-thinking company who are willing to invest in their employees through continuous professional development opportunities.
Below is a non-exhaustible list of role and responsibilities covering this position.
- Supervise, provide direction, manage and challenge Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental management processes and procedures across the business.
- Be confident to liaise with all stakeholders of the business and implement changes where necessary.
- Prepare company policies, procedures and strategies for approval by the management team.
- Identify and minimise risk through an effective and proactive audit and gap analysis, ensuring compliance is followed through whilst working towards and referring to legal obligations and regulations.
- Evaluate and analyse quality issues in production and implement corrective and preventive actions, including supplier development as appropriate
- Support the project engineering team to ensure customer requirements through quality, health and safety, liaising with departmental representatives and prepare RAMS as required
- Prepare risk assessments, safety working procedures and toolbox talks
- Monitor and address operational effectiveness on quality, health and safety and environmental performance, this will include preparing KPI reports across the business
- Initiate and coordinate where necessary the investigation team to establish the root cause of any onsite incident, prepare and implement plans and procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions have been established and enforced.
- Quality management experience within a manufacturing industry
- Familiar with ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Standards, OHSAS 18001, Health & Safety Management, and ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management
- Have sound knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- CQI or IRCA certificate in Quality Management
- NEBOSH (preferred) or IOSH qualified
- Qualified internal or lead auditor
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification would be an advantage
Immediate start available
Please click to apply or call Laura Pritchard on 0121 523 1089 for more information