This is a Team Support vacancy who are operating as an employment agency.
A well established and successful Security Printing Company in Birmingham require a Digital Print Programmer (IT Technician).
The successful candidate will be a key member of the IT team, and is expected to make a major contribution to the development and success of the business.
The objective of the Digital Print Programmer (IT Technician) is to ensure the Company is supplied with the necessary programs and data files to meet its manufacturing obligations on Digital Print systems and printing machines.
Also to provide General IT hardware & software support to the IT Manager
- Digital print programming in Quadient Inspire (formerly GMC) to provide variable data programs to digital printing machines; Nipson and Xerox.
- Familiarity with non-visual programming for programming variable data encoding machines.
- Excellent data handling & manipulation skills.
- Comfortable with mathematics (lots of work with complex numbering schemes).
- Ability to mix both software and hardware roles.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite (primarily Excel)
- A minimum of 3 years’ IT experience.
- IT Technician responsibilities including patch management, PC installation & maintenance.
- Technical awareness of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac network.
- Providing hardware and software support to the business.
- MIS Report writing skills.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Meticulous and thorough.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Good time-keeping and attendance.
Hours of Work: 08:30-17:00 Monday–Friday with 1/2 hour lunch break.
Holidays: 26 days plus all statutory Bank Holidays.
Pension: Company contributory pension scheme.
Due to the secure nature of our business a condition of your employment will be subject to SC security clearance with the Home Office and hold a current passport.
To apply please submit your CV or call Liz Kaur on 0121 5231089 for further information.